Pyelonephritis is considered the most common urological disease. It can develop against the background of the following pathologies:
- stretched renal fascia
- aortic spasm
- weak iliopsoas muscle
- diaphragmatic breathing problems
- spasms of the muscles of the lower back , in particular the square muscle
Therapeutic exercise for pyelonephritis, what is its help?
With the help of exercise therapy , you can eliminate the above pathologies and thereby reduce the frequency of manifestation of relapses of the disease. Indications for exercise therapy :
- Chronic pyelonephritis
- Congestion in the kidneys caused by little physical activity
- Prolonged inflammation in the kidneys
- Frequent relapses
- Omission of the kidney and change in its size
With the help of exercise therapy , you can strengthen the muscles that support the kidney, improve blood circulation, restore metabolism and urine outflow , normalize blood pressure, and restore the patient's performance.
Physiotherapy exercises can be of great help in the treatment of pyelonephritis , however, it is better to refuse classes if there are the following symptoms:
- blood in urine
- severe pain
- weakness and dizziness
- pain in the lower back , side and abdomen when exercising
- urinary flow problems
Exercise therapy rules for pyelonephritis, a set of exercises
- Physiotherapy exercises can be started only after the inflammation in the kidneys subsides and the well-being improves.
- When performing tasks, dose loads, distribute them so that they do not cause pain.
- The first week, the duration of classes should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Do exercises smoothly, without jerks.
- Refuse power loads and exercises such as "bar", "bridge".
- If health allows, then exercise therapy should be done regularly, one-time exercises will not bring the desired effect.
- In addition to a set of exercises, walking is useful for patients diagnosed with pyelonephritis .
In combination with physiotherapy exercises , massage is used ; for pyelonephritis , they massage the back and neck , lumbar region and abdomen , gluteal muscles and muscles of the limbs. The duration of the procedure is no more than 10 minutes, the first sessions should be short, no more than 5 minutes. Techniques such as tapping, chopping and tapping are not allowed. The course of treatment is 20 sessions, which must be carried out 4 times a year. Massage can be done using hyperemic ointments.